Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drunk Girls, Vomit, and Cups

Last time, I talked about the drunk blonde who was stirring up shit for the coat-check busboy; so this week, I’m going to stick with the same theme of girls who get too liquored up, and wind up doing stupid shit in the club.
Anyways, it was New Years’ Eve, and before I even continue, YES, I worked on New Years (New Years’ drunks are way, way better tippers than ordinary drunks). So, while all of you people were out partying, getting liquored up, grinding up on each other, throwing up on each other, sexing on each other, and falling asleep on each other(probably in that order); I was at work. And in all honesty, New Years is probably one of the best possible nights to work at a club, because while all of you were out paying to drink, I was getting paid for drinks.

So, the whole night had been pretty packed, I had already been shot by at least 20 confetti poppers (most of them from my boss, Polash, so I’d clean my section quicker), and sprayed my probably even more bottles of champagne from clients yelling, “Yeah! Fucken New Years maaaan! Effin Eyy!” as they threw napkins (which had just taken me 10 minutes to get them) in the air.

At this point in the night, it was already a good half hour after the New Years’ countdown, and as usual, I was making my rounds throughout my section.
Suddenly, I see- a girl at the top of my section turning pale in the face, getting all clammy, and staring at the same spot on the floor without blinking for about 15 minutes; essentially all the omens that predict she’s about to throw up a lot, and at any second.
Some of the other busboys, who were closer to the kitchen, spot the impending disaster (we have a sixth sense about people about to throw up), and ran to grab a bucket, with a mop trailing not too far behind.
What happened next, will never grow old, or cease to amaze any of us. We went to bring her the bucket so that she could throw up without making a mess, and she refused it.

Instead, she looked at us, waved away the bucket, smiled, and threw up in not one; not two; but three cups consecutively, and with zero spillage. We stood there, dumbfounded.

Now I’ve got to say, normally when someone throws up in my section, it kind of ruins my night, but in this case I have to admit, I was pretty impressed by this 100 lbs girl’s skills at puking, so impressed, in fact, that I even brought her a Canada Dry to soothe her stomach; for free, and out of the goodness of my heart.

Anyways, at the end of the night, we went to clean the table, and one of the busboys accidentally grabbed the throw-up cups thinking it was the usual napkin, lime, juice and liquor concoction.
 I think you get the picture for what happened next.

Just another night, at Time Supper Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment